Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Life in the Newsroom

It is now well past my bedtime. In the past, Eric would not phone me beyond 8PM unless there was some kind of breaking news (and it needed to be REAL news!). Now, the trio are probably still at the radio station after 8PM and I am still awake at 10PM.

It really isn't much of a challenge doing the news 1500 miles away...I'm working no different than before. I still use the phone and the computer. Distance doesn't mean much. I just hope I don't have to show for a staff meeting!

Ah, but I know I will be making another trip to Ridgecrest in the near future. I need to use my frequent-flyer miles I've earned from flying with those free vouchers (sorry, Eric...need to get my digs in).

But, Eric, couldn't you just one day a year call the station The Armadillo?

-Ray

No comments: