Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Monday, May 15, 2006

That Incident Number Is Closed...

That's what Edison has told us. Everything has been repaired and anything new that happens would be a new incident. Huh? Well I suppose there is some comfort in that. I was outside a little bit ago and a raven landed close by. I looked at him and yelled "stay away from the @#$%^&*&@ power!". By the end, at around 7pm Friday when all of the power returned, we all knew that we weren't as prepared for an emergency as we thought. I will say the City of Ridgecrest did a fine job in managing information and traffic. We know now what we have to do and by the end of the week, we'll have phase one of that in place.

As always, with any Sunset Media effort, the community stepped up and helped us where we were lacking and Marcus, who owns Ridgecrest Taxi and his boys, AND Chuck Griffin and the Salvation Army (Donna and Charles) made it happen for us. It was primitive at best but we made it work. John from I-Rock also was a class act. We're proud to be a part of the radio community with them.

My buddy Scott has a blog http://www.vastmoderateconspiracy.com/ and he captured a moment when we were out front entertaining motorists driving down Ridgecrest Blvd.

One other note....please tell your school kids, armed with cell phones, when they get sprung from school on a day like that...try to stay off the phone. I don't think it was a coincidence that when ALL of the schools got out the cell system locked up.

1 comment:

VMC said...

Hi Eric,
Thanks for letting me have my paparrazi moment. Too bad I didn't have my Nikon in the bike. I think there was some nuance there I might have missed.

I listened to Ed Schultz tonight for the first time on a local radio station. That time slot isn't really optimal for me because I am usually home by 6 and eating dinner. How come you don't run Schultz in his real-time feed after Limbaugh? Dr. Laura is a sanctimonious, unlistenable, quack. Boot her to the night baseball slot and stick Ed where he belongs. Piss off the Limbaugh fans just for fun.

Cheers, Eric, and long live KZIQ, KWDJ, and Sunset Media so long as they don't get bought by Clear Channel!
Scott