Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I had my Monday on Tuesday...

A few programming issues, a couple of technical bugs, and our former boss reared his head. I guess it galls him that we're even still in business. I'm certain that this feeling is closely tied to the fact that he would always talk to me like I didn't know what I was doing. Sour grapes from me? Yeah, but the blog is also here for some occasional venting. After hearing their AM station I am pretty sure they are using parts of this blog as a programming reference. It's not rocket science guys. But shhh....don't tell anyone our main trade secret. It's blood, sweat and tears. Elbow grease. TLC and a strong spirit of community and co-operation. No one with an individual agenda. Selflessness. It's not all about the money. Certainly not the quick buck. Commitment. Courage. Perseverance.

4 comments:

KZIQ Staff said...

Hi everyone,
Fritz here. It's been a few months since I've written in, working around 120 hours a week dosesn't leave alot of time. But, I felt compelled to chime in on Eric's comments. Let me start by saying that I've been on air in San Diego and Sacramento, large radio markets. Ratings wars are part of the dailey norm. The battles are fought on the air with talent, hard work, ddedication, and most of all, trying to put out the best product for the listening audience. The one common denominator is EVERYONE puts their best effort foreward and lets the listeners decide. I guess the owner of the station that Eric and I used to work at dosen't feel comfortable depending on his product. He dosen't feel comfortable letting you, the listener decide. He should get the clue that if he spent as much time trying to put out a good product as he does trying to undermine the competetion he might have better success. We have a philosophy of being Radio Professionals. Hard work, dedication, creativity, and never forgetting that our listeners and our community are what we're all about. We'll keep doing our part. And let what you hear, do the talking.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work and "right will out!" Glad I had a portable radio the last two dats, and if I had my way your outfit would have generator back up. Wouldn't that gall the old boss? Common Lotto!!!

Anonymous said...

I am with you and you do not just talk you do the job and follow it through and we are all very happy with you tell your former boss the truth said hi he just loves me
































re yoour monday on tuesday your former boss is and has no right he isjust mad that he did not do what you havedone there are dreamers and doers then there are just dreamers glad your are a doer and not just a dreamer and as far as your former boss i too have had issues with him and you are right and he is srong I am on your side all the best the truth tom mayo

Anonymous said...

Pssst, look here Thunder Country.
I'm turning my back towards you and the headphones are tuned to KZIQ.
Take you AV crap and your same song every hour of everyday and go back to AV.
oh yeah, nah ,nah nah, nah nah, nah.
(insert big raspberry here)