Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If You Blink You'll Miss It

So all this time, I have whined about not having routine. Well duh! It's exactly what I have been going through. It IS routine to have some technical problems. It IS routine for the show to feel a little different every day. It IS routine that the competition is going to do stuff to piss me off. It IS routine that the power goes off....oh wait, well that one maybe not so much. It's just me trying to come to grips on a couple of things...first, being the operator of two radio stations is different than being "the dude in the back". Next is reminding myself, that if all of my work is done at 4pm, go home! We've done that the last couple of days and that's when it dawned on me that the routine I have been craving is right in front of me.

I can't remember if I have talked about this (yes I think my short term memory is going), but there is going to be a boost to the downtown renaissance. "Old Town Ridgecrest" is what it will be called. There will be signs and even more events. We are SO proud to be downtown. There is so much history here. A little bit of it is either gone (The Card Room-Bamboo Club next door) and of course the whole Rite Aid deal across the street. So we need to really support and take note of the whole rejuvenation in downtown Ridgecrest. There are some great folks doing wonderful things. There are some upcoming events and I hope everyone will come out and support them. We'll be broadcasting live at least the first couple of hours of these events.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to my "routine".

-Eric

No comments: