Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's alive!

One month ago if someone had asked me if I would know our traffic and billing software as well as I do now, I would have laughed for a good five minutes. I've got it down. We have been using it faithfully for the past week and even sent out bills from it. Our weekend shows ran pretty smooth and everyday we find something that may need to be edited a little differently. It's all part of the learning process. Now it takes me two seconds to enter an account and schedule it where as before it was more like 10-15 minutes. Friday was a bit of a mess as we tried to figure out how to enter in our shows like Bob Kingsley and Inspirational Country. We got it down though and I got more practice editing and making log templates. Next I need to do a template for when Eric isn't able to do "The Big Show."

Some of the neat things about working in Radio are media previews and media access. We were invited to the VIP night at Ashley Furniture and I can tell you we are in for a treat Ridgecrest. You can not believe that the building used to be the old DART Thrift Store! It's amazing the change. We also have media access to cover tomorrows Economic Outlook Conference. Listen for Ray Watters Coyote Report Friday for information on how it went.

As I typed this I've finished my cup of coffee and it's time to get the day started. Carpe Diem!

-Sara

No comments: