Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's Here!

For the past week and a half we have had a banner hanging on our building to let everyone know where we are. We have been waiting for this day from day one. Our sign is here!! Yay!!! It is awesome! Ralph did a superb job and I just can't say enough about it! It should be up tomorrow sometime. Look for it and when you drive by and see it give us a honk to let us know! We sure would appreciate it!!

I've been working on the software that schedules our commercials and does our billing for the past couple of weeks. I would compare it to immersing yourself in a foreign language. It's something I've never done before so it has been learn as I go. Even "Google" can't help me this time. Tomorrow I have a training time set up with the company who distributes the software. I want to go over some of the things I don't quite understand. I'm hoping by the end of the week to have it up and running 100%. (Did I say this before?) Eric has been great to punch in our commercials one by one each day and not complain! There are 24 hours in a day and each one of those hours has a number of breaks that are around 3 minutes long. Commercials are usually 30 seconds sometimes 60 seconds. There are approximately 6 commercials in each break. It's a lot of data to enter! Steve was telling me that there was a time when this was always done by hand. Yes Virginia, there was a day before Radio was automated.

In the sales area it was fruitful. A lot of people are back in the office after a long winter break. So Kim and I are back making appointments getting some sales. Our week is off to a nice start and I am very optimistic that it will continue.

There are so many people that we want to thank for their time, support, hard work and belief in us. I hope that our success is their reward.

-Sara

No comments: