Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Monday, March 19, 2007

What, 4th Of July Already??

I sit here two day, of course being Monday and all, with sauce from the new Buffalo chicken sandwich from Carl's Jr. on my San Diego Chargers shirt. Yup...Monday.

But...I have made my own day by starting to wade through the 3,000 or so 4th of July music cuts I have collected over the last 6 years. I am stoked already and putting together the first batch of tunes. That's what I do. I make a playlist folder and put in about 100 tunes that I want to work with this year. In a couple of weeks, I will then beging to piece those together in three basic movements. No trade secret here, because I would love the help! I usually start with a movie open, into some music to reflect awe. Then I move into what I call the Pop section, which includes a little of every popular style, and then finally the big Patriotic finish.

One thing is for sure. With my continued use of cinematic music I have expanded my already huge regard for the composers who score movies. I wouldn't even be able to pick my favorite, but I love the work of Randy Newman, Hans Zimmer, Michael Kamen and Thomas Newman.

There is a channel on our DirecTv that has nothing but movie music. I make notes from that. You can ask Kim, this is a year round obsession for me. We'll be driving around in L.A. and something will play on the radio and I have her write it down.

I'll keep you posted on the progress here. But I am excited!

No comments: