Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Okay Kids...Enough is Enough!

This secession thing has to go away. But let me embellish that. It is up to the council to get this done. We're not going to let it go silently in the night because we need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Ever. Nothing even remotely like this. We don't need half baked schemes coming from the Council. No ulterior motives. This is small town America and you get more done by BUILDING relationships than by tearing them down. And let me tell you we did some real damage here. I say we, because we elected all of these guys. After hearing them talk last night it's almost like they are really disconnected from the community. What happened to talking to us FIRST?

And while I am all for everyone chiming in, pro or con, please, please, read up on this. There has been no yellow journalism. Not here, or either newspaper. I mean, come on Council! You hear it, you read it, and yet you still act like WE'RE the idiots?

We need forward thinking council members. No more complaining. The economic situation is what it is. Let's figure out how to make it work. Okay? We're here to help to. Quit being the victim. Work WITH the county! To see some of the diatribes from the dais made me more embarrassed of our city than at any time in my 15 years here. Get it together, re-connect with the community and represent us. It's why we voted for you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a request. I heard the Saturday, July 14 episode of Community Spin, the one about government and patriotism and the like. I enjoyed it very much, and the timely songs too. Can Al or Gary or Eric K. post the podcast of the July 14th episode on that ourmedia.org page with a few of the other past Community Spin shows? I sure would appreciate it.



Thanks, and cheers everyone.

Trey

Anonymous said...

Agreed, get out of the sandbox, and listen to the people.
There are more important matters that needs immediate attention.

Unknown said...

I also agree, we need to build bridges and alliances, not just secede from Kern county.

Also, I want to let Al Huey know that his posting of July 14th's Community Spin on archive.org is corrupted. There is no audio in the file at all, not in any of ther three or four versions on this site.

http://www.archive.org/details/AlHueyCommunitySpin7-14-07


Can someone please look into this problem, and try and repost it or re-encode it? I enjoy Community Spin podcasts very much.

Any other Ridgecrest or Inyokern people?