Our View

Our View
In Old Towne Ridgecrest

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We're so proud to be from the IWV!!

We were so excited about the turnout yesterday. I don't think our eyes were deceiving us. At the Kerr McGee Center from 5 until closing hundreds of people were waiting (most patiently) for their turn to cast their ballot. I swear I will get pictures up. I need to go buy batteries for my camera!

We set out to do a job in April. I talked to Chip and then we talked to Al Huey and put a plan in motion to set new records in voter turnout in the IWV. I would like to thank everyone who came through our door, or to our live broadcasts to register to vote, or pick up a voter guide, or even chime in on the state of affairs in our wonderful home town. We all did it together. Next up, waiting for the actually percentage of turnout and then increase it every election by 10 percent.

I'm about to add some off election season stuff to the web site for voter registration and such. Feel free to spread the word.

No comments: